My Kids

My Kids
The real way to show love

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

aunt melanie

Last night my sister Melanie was admitted into the hospital. It is a very scary time for our entire family. She has shingles and mono and her blood count is down to a 7.9 when it should range from (10-14). This afternoon they began a blood transfusion and she is going to be getting at least 2 pints of blood throughout today. For now they are giving her O- although her blood type is A- until they can get her type in. I hear that this is a normal procedure to follow as O- can be used for any blood type. 

My brother Andy and I went to the hospital last night to visit our little Sis. Kevin stayed home with the kids, as we don't need them getting one of her highly contagious diseases. Melanie seemed to be in high spirits and is finally getting some color back to her - as the fluids run in (she was very dehydrated).

I came home last night and told Gavin that his Aunt Melanie was a very sick little girl and that the doctors are running test to find out what is wrong with her. Immediately he ran to his toy box and began shuffling through the toys. I figured eck he doesn't understand and doesn't care... it's fine he is too young. Nope.. he comes flying back with his doctor kit and hands it to me.... "here mom, make Melanie better" 

Awe... my heart melted... he doesn't know how but in his own little way he is trying to help. It was precious. Melanie's Birthday is tomorrow she will be 17! looks like she will be in the hospital for her birthday - poor Aunt Melanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment