My Kids

My Kids
The real way to show love

Thursday, February 24, 2011

sour

My little girl is growing up quickly she is almost six months old and we started cereal a while ago but she is starting to need a little bit more. I decided to introduce her to bananas last week. It was just the cutest thing, she wrinkled her nosed and squint her eyes... she made the biggest pucker face I have ever seen, over bananas. Oh baby Olivia, bananas are not sour boy does she have a lot to experience yet when it comes to flavors. 

She makes all those sour faces and then looks up at me and smiles and opens her mouth - as if to say "more please." I guess that means she liked it. So we did the bananas to three days and on the third day I decided to mix it with her cereal and that worked the best. It was a texture she was used to and the flavor that she was beginning to love. 

So the other day I decided to introduce her to her first veggie. Sweet Potatoes. Now you would assume this would be a favorite of hers... but oh the faces, and she began to gag and and squint her little eyes and puckered her face. She thought it was sour again! Don't worry we got it all on our video camera. She was just the funniest thing. But just as she did with the bananas after all of it had been swallowed she would look up at me, smile really big and open up again as if to say "I like it" - "more please." 

Oh how I love my princess "o" she knows all the right faces to make at me just to make my heart melt and every day she seems to add another expression to the list of her favorites. However her newest and most used expression - Sour.
 

1 comment:

  1. Kids "sour" expressions are so funny. My daughter gave my boys some some warhead candies the other day. They couldn't stop quenching up their faces. :)
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete